Summit Church Family – here are the plans for our first ‘in-person’ worship this upcoming Sunday, June 14th! We look forward to this slow journey of coming back together as a worshiping community! These plans will continue through Labor Day weekend – but will be evaluated monthly in our ever-changing situation.
- MOST IMPORTANT – IF YOU ARE SICK, HAVE IMMUNITY ISSUES, OR ARE UNCOMFORTABLE OR AFRAID IN ANY WAY – PLEASE STAY HOME! OUR 10:00 am SERVICE WILL CONTINUE TO BE BROADCAST LIVE FROM OUR WEBSITE!
- We will have 2 services through Labor Day Weekend. WEATHER PERMITTING – we will have an 8:30 service in the Outdoor Chapel with social distancing. If the weather is bad, NO SERVICE – IT WILL NOT BE MOVED INDOORS! The service will include scripture, sermon and prayer. The 10:00 a.m. worship service will follow our current online format. Masks are encouraged – but not required at the outdoor service.
- At the 10:00 am service we will be taking many steps to keep folks safe and comfortable.
- Masks will be required! We have masks available (130) in all sizes
- Pew seating will be ‘socially distanced’ with a “blue X” on areas where you cannot sit!
- All doors (except bathroom doors) will be opened. Hand Sanitizer will be available.
- No Hymnals, Bibles, Bulletins, Pew Pads or papers of any kind will be in the pews. The whole service will be on the screens.
- Offering will be able to be dropped in a designated basket in the narthex and will not be collected. There will be no communion this summer. No greeting at the door and no passing of the peace – at least in the usual way we do it.
- No Sidewalk Fellowship this summer. We do hope to have bottled water available for both services (No Water Fountain Use!). We encourage – at your own comfort level – ‘parking lot’ conversations after worship!
- No nursery OR Summit Hour for our children this summer – and no ‘gathering’ up front for the Children’s Message as the “Virtual Mystery Box” videos will continue through Labor Day. We will also have “Worship Bags” for each child who joins us (up through 5th grade) THAT WILL BE THEIR OWN PRIVATE BAG! We are okay with some noise from the pews!
- No congregational singing! We will have the hymns on the screens as they have been presented (choir members, soloists, etc.). We encourage the gathered congregation to join in by softly singing, whispering or humming along!
- The sanctuary will be cleaned and disinfected before every Sunday service – and that is why we don’t want to move the 8:30 service indoors!
This won’t be easy – and we will make some mistakes – but remember that God is in charge, and wherever we are and whatever we are doing we are still THE BODY OF CHRIST. Questions or concerns – please give me (Pastor Dan) a call!
In Jesus’ Love! Dan